Our Sales Assistants are the face of our business! They provide great service to our loyal customers and invest the same care and attention into the little tasks as they do with the larger ones. More than just cashiers, however, they get involved in every part of the store’s operations, including stocking, cleaning, bakery operations, non-food merchandising, and more! Our most successful Sales Assistants thrive in a fast-paced environment and are open-minded to different ways of doing business. They know that open communication and feedback is integral to professional development. Most of all, they are passionate about our core business – providing our customers with high-quality, low-price, and hassle-free shopping.
What you will do
- Assist the Store Management with all areas of store operation;
- Provide excellent customer service, not only on the registers but throughout the store by helping customers with questions and locating items for them;
- Carry out regular freshness checks to ensure we offer the freshest produces;
- Unpack daily stock deliveries;
- Ensure that the entire store is clean and organized, from the parking lot, to the sales floor, to the breakroom and warehouse;
- Unpack stock as deliveries arrive in store;
- Expand your knowledge of our business by learning about our bakery, our freshness concept, and our weekly promotional set-up;
- Help with stocking as well as preparing promotional and special offers.
What you will need
- Must be 18 years or older;
- The flexibility to work different shifts including on weekends and public holidays;
- A positive attitude in the face of changing priorities;
- A friendly communication style with your team and customers;
- The drive to work hard in a fast-paced environment ;
- Fluent knowledge of the English and/or Maltese language;
- Previous experience in the retail sector will be considered an asset.
What you will receive
- A secure job with a solid and structured company;
- Dedicated training plans to ensure you are set up for success;
- A pleasant, yet demanding, work environment which is characterized by diverse work activities;
- Development opportunities in a dynamic company that is continuously expanding;
- Many fun activities which will help to integrate in your team, even outside work hours;
- A part time contract, guaranteeing a minimum of 25 hours per week.