Join our Warehouse Team!
We will open a brand-new Lidl Malta Warehouse!
Given the company's rapid growth, Lidl Malta is constructing a new and bigger warehouse in Malta.
The warehouse which we currently have, takes care of sending the ordered goods to all our Stores and is divided into 3 Areas:
- the Operations Area is responsible for the entry of goods into the Warehouse and for its prepara-tion based on the orders placed by the stores;
- the Process Area which deals with the delivery of the ordered products, identifying optimized routes and containing transport costs; moreover, this Area also follows the administrative man-agement of incoming goods;
- the Maintenance Area which guarantees the correct functioning of the systems, tools and means of handling goods. It also manages all recycling activities.
What do the professionals of the Logistics Center do?
Each employee has specific tasks to carry out independently or in coordination with other colleagues.
Here are the main work activities carried out in the Logistics Center:
- Preparation of the goods through dedicated computer systems;
- Qualitative and quantitative controls of the products managed in the warehouse;
- Control and preparation of the transport documentation of the goods;
- Management of the goods in the warehouse;
- Optimization of procurement, picking or transport processes;
- Organization and optimization of delivery plans;
- Guarantee of compliance with food handling regulations and safety standards.
Who is the Forklifting Operator?
The Forklifting Operator deals with the management of the goods in the warehouse, the handling of pallets using the forklift and the qualitative and quantitative controls of the goods. In general, it guarantees the arrangement and storage of the goods in the various areas of the warehouse.
Who is the Warehouse Assistant?
The Warehouse Assistant deals with the management of the material and goods coming from our Stores: it ensures the correct storage and sorting within our Logistics Center in compliance with company standards.
Who is our Warehouse Supervisor?
The Warehouse Supervisor manages a team of Warehouse Assistants guaranteeing that each store receives the goods it has ordered in total compliance with deadlines, quality standards and company procedures.