This role is key to the success of Lidl Malta as the wellbeing of our employees is essential for our own progress. The selected person shall control the company atmosphere and support activities for employees. He/she will work as a mediator in conflict situations, will develop efficient solutions by listening and answering to employees’ queries, and will take care of both the employees’ and company’s interests. The Employee Relations Manager is the go-to person for union relations and health issues in the Company. This role will be also responsible for the organization of social events that encourage a positive working atmosphere.
What will you do?
Neutral point of contact for employees
The Employee Relations Manager gauges the attitudes and atmosphere among the staff by talking with staff during store and company visits, identifies problems and works with the staff to develop solutions.
- He/she holds meetings, both proactively and as requested by staff members. When issues and problems arise, the holder of this position supports and advises the staff on how to potentially solve them. In situations of conflict with colleagues or supervisors, the person in this role acts as a neutral mediator and/or facilitator.
Safeguarding employees' interests
- The Employee Relations Manager will be given detailed advance information by his/her supervisor of planned warnings and layoffs. In the event of any breach of the leadership and good conduct principles, the person in this role is to step in and act to safeguard the interests of the employees.
Contributing to maintaining/developing a positive corporate culture
- In the event of a staff member terminating, or being terminated by his/her employer, the holder of this position holds termination appraisal interviews for the predefined target groups.
- Giving a presentation on the various roles and responsibilities as part of the welcome event
- The holder of this position is involved in all official employee team-building activities (e.g. open days, sporting events).
- Handling and analyzing key issues
- Preparing and organizing health-promoting activities for the Head Office and helping to see such measures implemented
- The holder of this position implements the strategies developed by the Head Office
Staff information/public relations/reporting
- Writing articles for staff info publications if need be
- The holder of this position participates as required in internal staff meetings and training sessions if employee related issues are being discussed. As part of these meetings, the role holder is to present issues, problem areas and potential solutions he/she encounters on the job, in consultation with his/her manager.
- The holder of this position gives an anonymous report to the Coordinator Employee Relations Lidl Italy, Human Resources Supervisor (Malta) and Regional Director every week on anything out of the ordinary and any unsolved issues using a standardized report form on personnel support.
What will you need?
- Excellent command of written and spoken Maltese, English and Italian language;
- Willing to travel abroad for training for up to 3 months;
- Willing to travel abroad around 6 to 8 times yearly for meetings;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Capable of working on own initiative and in a team environment;
- Hands on approach;
- Experience in Human Resources setup will be considered an asset
What do we offer?
- Professional training both locally and overseas;
- A generous compensation package;
- A company car;
- The chance to grow both locally and internationally
We look forward to your application!Apply online now!